Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Veterinary Clinic

So, my husband is a veterinarian and we finally decided to open our own Vet clinic. This has been a huge under-taking.  In addition to everything involved in starting and building a business, I also needed to build-out a lease space to accommodate a veterinary office.  Part of the business side of things meant that I needed to build a website for our business.  You can see the website at:

cedarcityvet.wixsite.com/animalhospital

I found a logo I liked and got permission from the designer to use it after tweaking it a little bit to my liking.  My good friend, Wendi Reni (a fabulous graphic designer), then put it in the proper formatting to then send it to the sign company.

 I then used the Logo to design our business card:

I have also needed to design several advertisements for Facebook and build a Facebook Page (which was very challenging for me and certainly could have been done better bv someone who is actually computer literate):

https://www.facebook.com/CedarCityAnimalHospital/

Here is an add I designed for our local business magazine that is delivered with our local newspaper:


As for the build-out side of things, physically building a vet clinic meant designing and drawing the floor plans, doing some of the construction myself, designing our signage, and decorating the office.  Time was of the essence, so I hired out the framing, plumbing, and electrical and focused my attention on the initial design and finally on the finish work.  I had to ensure that the design allowed for a functional space that was also efficient within a limited square footage (only 1500sf), could be built quickly, was mostly mobile in case we are able to build our own building someday instead of leasing, and was highly cost effective to be successful despite our very small budget.

We are still adding finishing touches and don't have final pictures of all of the spaces, but here are some pictures of the clinic as it is coming together:

Exterior was fixed since it is a leased space.
Reception
Kids have loved the Children's Play Area that is a make-believe vet clinic
Kids have loved the Children's Play Area that is a make-believe vet clinic
Lobby


Hall
Animal-themed Norman Rockwell gallery wall
Room markers.  My sister, Emily, cut the vinyl letters for me (check out her blog: http://www.remarkablehome.net/)
Exam Room (glass doors help the animal feel safer by allowing them to see what is going on)
Exam Room
Exam Room.  The pass through cabinet allows the doctor access to tools from both exam rooms.
Pharmacy
Laboratory
Treatment
Radiology
Isolation (for very sick or contagious animals)

Dog Ward



Cat Ward


Laundry
Still need to get pictures of the surgery, the bathroom, the doctor's office, and just general pictures of the construction process . . . .



No comments: