Saturday, December 20, 2008

More Christmas Gifts


So here is the main gift I've been working on for the boys. I made one for each of them This is the finished product. I'm a little dissapointed that they turned out so "cutsie"-looking. You can't really see in the picture, but there is a cut in the wood that extends the line of the jaw as well as one that continues the line of the mouth. So, they look a little better in person. I was also mad because I couldn't find leather strapping anywhere in town so I had to make the bridle and reins out of ribbon instead. Arghh. Anyway, here it is. I hope they like them.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Very cool Jenny! I think they will like them a lot even with the ribbon. They're boys they probably won't even notice it's ribbon. I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness Jenny, you are amazing. You should be an elf. If I wasn't your sister, I would think you were one.

a.k.a. Jack said...

Ha. I don't think the Elves would have given the horses Kirk Cameron hair. I looked all over town for a more suitable material, but, in the end had to make the hair out of yarn, which seems to have given them a permed look.