Friday, July 11, 2008

My first chrochet project








O.k., so here's my first project to share. This a my first crochet project I have ever done in my adult life. My grandmother was an excellent crocheter and she taught me how to do things like crochet a chain or a washcloth and such when I was a small child. But, all that knowledge has since been lost. Our dear friend adopted a beautiful little girl after many years of trying to start their family. This special occasion called for a special gift, so I decided to learn to crochet. I found a pattern online for a really beautiful dress and crocheted it for their little girl. I was blessed to see her wear it in the temple when she was sealed to her parents. What a special day that was. Well here are some pictures of the dress. I'm so proud of the button I made for the back closure. That was not in the pattern. :) Good job me. The pictures that show the bow are of the front of the dress and the ones that show the button are of the back of the dress. All the others are just close ups of the details. Hope you guys like it.

5 comments:

dlh said...

wow, that is beautiful!

Christina said...

I am the lucky recipient of the precious little girl and this beautiful dress. The pictures don't do it justice. I am so blessed to have you in my life!

Katrina said...

Oh Jenny you are way more talented than you give yourself credit. I can not believe this is your first project it is absolutely beautiful I don't know if I could ever make something look that great on the first try.

EMILY said...

how did i miss this post before? ok, you are obviously a master of crocheting!

Anonymous said...

That is not even fair. That dress is SO unbelievably beautiful. And for a FIRST project?! I love to crochet, but none of my projects have been like that!