Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wedding Dress
















So, when I got married, it only took one trip to a bridal shop to realize that I wouldn't be happy with any dress I would find. So, I decided to design my own and found an excellent seamstress to make my vision a reality. The goal was to design something simple, elegant, unique, and modest enough to wear in the temple without having to use any extra coverings. It was my first attempt at textile design. I have designed a few other things but don't have the sewing skills to bring them to fruition. I plan to learn pattern design so that I can start making the things I design. These are the design drawings I made to give to the seamstress and some wedding photos of the actual dress. It is made of white velvet.

8 comments:

Twisted Sister said...

You are a classic beauty. I loved your dress too, but I didn't know you had designed! More impressed by you all the time~

David and Maggi said...

I wish we could relive all of our wedding days. You looked georgeous and I am jealous of your dress. Yours turned out so much better than mine. I should have had you make some drawings for me to show the seamstress because she just didn't grasp what I wanted.

KC and DL said...

Stunning, very beautiful.. I loved the first picture, are those all your sisters? Everyone is so beautiful and cute, just love it.

Katrina said...

You just wow me all the time your dress is so beautiful what a great design. I also loved the first picture it is so cool to see everyone in black and you in white it just really stands out and looks great!

Unknown said...

While I am of course amazed by your talents, I also just wanted to comment about the picture of all of us. It just makes me happy! Even though I look kind of dorky in it, I love how we are all just laughing and look so truly happy, and you can tell how we just love each other and that you are all my best-friends. My gosh, I wish I could live close to you all and have more days of together!

Julie said...

didn't know you had joined the blogging world. love your wedding dress and all the updates to your house.

The Grimmers said...

It so nice to read about you and your life!! We've entered the blogging world too!! I look forward to future updates!!

Stephanie Waite said...

Jenny,
I don't know why I don't remember this. Your dress is absolutely stunning. Seriously. I don't give compliments unless I really think them.

Hey thanks for all the therapy comments on my blog too. It is nice to not feel I have to respond to every comment from someone who needs a response because you and Amanda and some of my other readers do such an awesome job responding in the comments. You are awesome! Thanks.

loves,
stephanie