Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Creations--Bakugan Boards

For the older boys' Christmas presents this year, I wanted to make them metal boards to display their Bakugans on since they always want Bajugan stuff and we just can't afford any this year.  So, this is what I came up with in the end.  To make the boards, I took a piece of sheet metal and folded the edges over using vice grips and a hammer (it would have been WAY easier and smoother too if I had metal seamers to use, but sadly I don't).  Before hammering down the final edge, I folded the ribbon into it so it could hang from the ribbon.  Then, I found the Bakugan logo online and used photoshop to change "Bakugan" to say "Natugan" for Nathan's board and "Bakuben" for Ben's board.  Then, I cut out the logos and modge-podged them onto the boards.  Overall, I think they will do, though I'm glad the boys won't be as critical as I am.  If they use them alot, then I may buy a couple magnetic wire mesh baskets for their birthdays to add to the boards to hold Bakugan cards.

3 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

Those are super cool! You are so creative. I'm sure the boys will love them.

Swainston Family said...

That is awesome! I'll pay you to make my boys some. Seriously. They would love it, and I'm not crafty! I don't know how we'd do the shipping, though. If you're interested, let me know....otherwise, I guess, maybe eventually, I'll attempt to be crafty. :)

Oh, and your nativity sets are awesome! I really think you should start a business. (Not that having multiple kids gives you time to do that...but just a thought)

a.k.a. Jack said...

Thanks, Stephanie. I think I'm done with projects for the year, now. :) And, I am not especially fast at these sorts of things so it's really not a good way for me to make money (on top of the busy mother thing) and not really a very cost-effective way for people to get things either. Maybe I would get more efficient at things if I made more of them at a time, I don't know. But, for the most part, I think I could make alot more money in alot less time teaching piano. But, if you want to make some Bakugan boards yourself, I would be happy to give you more details on what I did and what I found helpful, etc. You could totally do it. I honestly don't really consider myself "crafty" either. I think of myself more as picky and stubbornly persistent. I get an idea of what I want--it's never anything I can buy in a store--then it weighs on my mind until I figure out how to make it and stick with it until it's done. Anyway, let me know if you need any tips on making some for your boys. Hope you have a great Christmas! Miss you guys!