Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Creations--Ducklings Pull Toy

This year, for Jesse's Christmas present, I made a pull toy.  If you want to make one of your own, it's basically the same steps as you will find in the Puzzle Nativity Post.  I ordered the wheels and axles online, as I don't have the tools to make them, but you could make your own.  If I do another one, I think I'll use suede cord instead of ribbon, as the ribbon seems to get twisted up too easily when you pick the whole thing up.  But, I think it should still work fine, even if the ribbon is twisted.  I guess I'll have to wait and see until Jesse has a go at it to make sure it withstands the abuse of children, but Ben tried it out and it seemed to work out great for him.  I'm excited:  I think Jesse is going to LOVE it!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Um, hello Jenny - you are entirely too hard on yourself. You said that you made a mistake on these. Well, if the mistake is so small that no one can tell then it doesn't count. These look awesome!