Tuesday, February 7, 2012

For my Tiger-Lover

So, my third son LOVES tigers.  He has BEEN a tiger for about 7 months now.  He loves everything about tigers.  I've never seen a kid THIS consumed with a single thing.  He was a tiger for Halloween.  We were walking through JoAnn's a couple weeks before Halloween.  After walking down an aisle, we turned the corner, but our 2 year old did not come with us.  Then, all of a sudden, we hear an excited exclamation:  first a gasp of excitement, then "I LOVE this!!!!"  I've never had a kid say that about anything, let alone a 2 year old in a fabric and craft store, so naturally we all rushed back into the the aisle to see what he was looking at.  He was holding a . . . wait for it . . . a pair of tiger ears.  This was one of those times (o.k., probably the only time) that I couldn't resist buying an unnecessary "toy" for my kid when there was no special occasion to do so.  Is that sad?  I don't know, but I knew that those few dollars would bring endless amounts of fun, and they did.  For Halloween, I picked up a tiger tail and pinned it to his pants and painted his face.  Who would think that a two-year-old could sit still long enough to have his face painted?  But, he was SO excited to look like a tiger that he held perfectly still while I painted his face.  When it was time to wash his face that night, he was so reluctant to do so.  It was truly remarkable.

So, come Christmas time, he was still Tiger-Enthused, so it was only natural that most of his Christmas gifts this year revolved around tigers.  Since I make a toy for each of my boys for Christmas every year, this year I made the traditional "flipper toy" for my number three, since he didn't have one yet.  And, of course, it HAD to be a tiger.  After making it, I was a little concerned that he may grow out of his tiger-phase before Christmas hit, but, fortunately, he didn't.  In fact, he's still a tiger, going into Valentines!  Anyway, I forgot to get pictures of it before, and the baby has gotten ahold of it since and left his teeth marks in it's face, but here are some pictures and video of it anyway.  Enjoy!

My Little Tiger

About half the time, he added these tiger teeth to his costume.


No comments: