Thursday, March 8, 2012

Pot and Pan Lid Cupboard Rack



No more cramping my style--or my space!  So, I was getting sick of the inefficiency in trying to store the pot and pan lids in my kitchen.  There's really no good way to do it.  So, I thought, there must be some sort of cupboard organizer for this problem--I can't be the only person in the world that this drives crazy.  So, after a little research, I found a bamboo rack that had good reviews.  But, to fill my cupboard, it would have cost $20.  I showed it to Cam and he said, couldn't you just build that?  Sure enough it looked super simple.  So, a trip to the hardware store for some dowels (<$5) and using some scrap wood I had on had, I threw this thing together.  For about a half hour of my time and $15 savings, I got this new custom rack for my cupboard.  I love it already.  It's in the perfect location.  I can grab a lid without having to leave the stove.  So, I look at it as I got paid $30/hour to make it.  Not bad, not bad at all.  :)

Today I'm tackling the knife drawer problem (and danger for that matter).  Will post the results soon!

No comments: